Final Capstone Assignment PNG 1148 Scenario# 1 Patient: Thelma (81 years)
Final Capstone Assignment Scenario# 1 Patient: Thelma (81 years)
Senior lady ovarian cancer
Admission diagnosis: Ovarian cancer, Pain control (pain crisis) and unintentional opioid over-use
Patient History and situation: Final Capstone Assignment
- Patient lives alone in a Seniors Lodge the past 5 years ago. She is a retired elementary school
- She was experiencing persistent intense abdominal pain off and on, at least 12 times per month over the past 3 months and
- She saw a specialist 3 weeks ago. After medical tests she was told she had ovarian cancer. She heard the doctor call the bloating ascites. She heard the words “inoperable malignancy”.
- She was managing her own medications while waiting for a different specialist appointment to decide on more treatment
- She was given a prescription for an opioid analgesic and was managing her own
- She has trouble eating
- She came to hospital via the Emergency Department with the following symptoms: slurred speech, itchiness, paleness, slow, shallow respirations and a slow, erratic
- A chest x-ray was taken when she was admitted which evidenced multiple tumors in the lungs. Her oxygen saturation levels are 87% on room air and patient has shortness of breath on
- Lab work shows significantly elevated levels of HCG and Estrogen. Low Hemoglobin, high Hct
- She is now admitted to the acute care hospital medical unit
- She is accompanied by her daughter and son in law as well as an adult granddaughter.
- After a physician discussion she is asked to identify what goal of care she wants.
- Last month she was reading some online news articles and had one or two conversations with her family about medical assistance with dying. She told her daughter ” I would never do that!”
- She overhears the word “Palliative” from the ER nurse and confides to her daughter feelings of
- She tells her daughter she has a fear of dying a painful, drawn-out death but just wants the pain to stop
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS-Capstone Assignment Scenario 1
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication. Final Capstone Assignment
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT Capstone Assignment Scenario 1
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium. Final Capstone Assignment
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words. Final Capstone Assignment
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in Loud-cloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition. Final Capstone Assignment
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage over-utilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source. Final Capstone Assignment
For assignments that need to be submitted to Lopes Write, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own? Final Capstone Assignment
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in Loud-cloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading. Final Capstone Assignment Final Capstone Assignment
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.